Fall 2014 may be pushing plaid, but Spring 2015 will shout “tiny check please”! That’s right, gingham is not just for picnics, plucky orphan girls, or cheesy Italian restaurants.
The gingham of Spring has a sexy, swingy vibe, sans the faintest trace of that Little House on The Prairie meets Pollyanna pattern you were forced to read in Junior High.
Major designers such as Altuzarra and Diane Von Furstenberg exuded swinging 70’s with the cheeky geometric print splayed over dreamy dresses and posh twin sets.
Designers at Altuzarra told reporters that they were inspired by cult classics like Rosemary’s Baby to blend the sweetness of gingham with ultra sexy, half unbuttoned ensembles.
Here are 5 chic pieces to take gingham from the runway to the closet.
1. Knitz by For Love & Lemons Hit the Slopes Mini Dress by Free People
2. ‘Yoko’ Gingham Taffeta Bow Miniskirt by MARC BY MARC JACOBS
3. Cut-out Gingham Shell Top from Topshop
4. Timo Weiland Gingham-Front Crewneck Sweater from Barneys
5. McQ Alexander Mcqueen Black Velvet Gingham T-Shirt from SSENSE